The Tikka T3x CTR is guaranteed to shoot sub MOA groups from the factory and it is available in various chambering’s.
This one is chambered in .308 Win. which is the calibre I recommend for beginner level shooters or those new to Long Range Shooting.
It has a 20 inch barrel and a very slick action for a factory rifle.
The “CTR” stands for compact tactical rifle.
It has a high quality, black, synthetic stock, matte black barrel, 10 round magazine and integrated picatinny rail across the top of the action.
Here are some of the features of the Tikka T3x CTR:
- Modular synthetic stock allows the pistol grip to be changed out for a more personalized and comfortable fit.
- Improved asymmetrical grip pattern and shape that will better accommodate grip in any condition.
- Upgraded recoil pad to mitigate felt recoil.
- Foam insert to lessen noise that is produced from the stock (not available in models with adjustable cheek piece).
- Redesigned ejection port that creates easier single feeding through the ejection port.
- Improved rail attachment via an extra screw placement on top of the receiver for sturdier rail placement.
- A robust metallic bolt shroud to cover and shield the rear of the bolt body and firing pin.
- Steel recoil lug to decrease deformation even in larger calibers compared the aluminium ones in use in T3 rifles.
- Chassis made by Tikka are short action only.